Monday, January 4, 2010

three-layer pudding pie

My most devoted reader requested a recipe. Well, by most devoted, I mean second or third most devoted out of obligation. (My sister.)

For New Year's Eve I made my impressive-in-presentation-but-ridiculously-easy-to-make pudding pie. It always gets compliments and this year someone even asked me if it was a french silk pie.

Ingredients
1 tub cool whip
1 package instant pudding (chocolate)
1 graham pie crust (pre-prepared, of course)
1 package of heath bar crumbles (found in the bakery section near the chocolate chips or you can ground up a candy bar)

Make the pudding, which gives you two cups. Separate one cup and spread in the crust as the bottom layer of the pie. Sprinkle Heath Bar crumbles. Next mix the remaining pudding with one cup of the cool whip. Spread as the next layer. Finally, spread the remaining Cool Whip as the top layer and sprinkle with more Heath Bar crumbles.


1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the shout out. This pie tastes really good!

    ReplyDelete