Monday, July 26, 2010

blueberry coffeecake with flax seed

On the box of the Trader Joe's Multigrain Baking and Pancake Mix I found a relatively simple recipe for blueberry coffeecake. We were actually on our way to a friend's house for a weekend and there would be several little rugrats roaming the halls. (And by roaming, I mean running.) I figured that a blueberry coffeecake could supplement pretty much any breakfast. I had everything necessary to make the cake in my fridge and pantry, minus the buttermilk.

Blueberry Coffee Cake with Flax Seed

1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons oil
2 1/2 cups TJ's multigrain baking mix (but any baking mix will work)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries

Whisk together egg, buttermilk and oil, add baking mix and sugar. Fold in blueberries. Spreak batter into an 8x8x2 pan coated with cooking spray and sprinkle flax seeds on top. Bake 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees.

I believe this recipe to be relatively healthy, especially after I sprinkled flax seed on top. It seriously took me about 10 minutes to prepare. I'm going to get some more fresh blueberries and make another loaf this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment