Thursday, November 5, 2009

product review: trader joe's beer bread

I was perusing the boxed mixes at Trader Joe's last week and one of the customer services reps came up behind me. "I love the beer bread mix." Seriously, I looked right through her, confused. Normally random sales people don't just come up to you at a grocery store to promote a product. Especially TJ's. I mean their groceries just sell themselves. Through my bewildered expression, she continued, "It's really, really great!" 

I'm not sure if her job was to socialize with the customers or if she felt that passionately about the beer bread mix, but I threw it in my cart.

I wasn't disappointed; it was quick and easy. Combine the mix with a beer, it turns into dough. The batter has potential to make biscuits, muffins or bread. I used a Corona Light, but I wonder if a darker beer might give it a different taste.

And the smell of fresh baked bread was so warm and delicious, I think my next project is going to be mastering the bread maker... 

2 comments:

  1. next time I'm in TJ's I'm going to pick some of the beer bread up for when I need an extra side, because I can count on always having some beer in the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so the next time i come to philly, it will be beer bread, pudding cookies and cheese scones for breakfast?

    ReplyDelete