Tuesday, October 13, 2009

easy asparagus


I am a big fan of easy. A complex preparation is just not up my alley.

Usually a side of vegetables for our dinners comes out of a frozen bag. It's not romantic or interesting and doesn't taste great. I was at Trader Joe's the other day and, feeling like a walk on the wild side, I picked up some fresh asparagus. I wanted to incorporate some leftover parmigiano romano and almond slivers. 

Ingredients

15 shoots of asparagus
parmigiano romano cheese
olive oil
almond slivers (optional)

Preparation

Coat the asparagus with olive oil, cover with cheese. Bake at 400 degrees in a traditional oven for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with almond slivers and serve.

The preparation was so easy it was almost embarrassing to post the recipe. But it tastes so good, I wanted to share. The Mister was impressed and asked what I used to season the asparagus. Of course, I would not divulge any information that would detract from his rave reviews. 

Next time I'm going to try this recipe with cauliflower, minus the almonds.

2 comments:

  1. i get nervous mixing cheese with veggies, but this may be good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really easy. I used Parmesan instead of Romano and it tasted good. No almonds, because some think I may be allergic.

    ReplyDelete