Wednesday, October 21, 2009

sprinkles

Sprinkles Cupcake Mix (as pictured on the Williams-Sonoma web site)

Yesterday I took the Bebe to an outdoor strip mall to so we could enjoy these last few days of warm weather. I was actually looking for a table runner that was both festive for the holidays and conducive to everyday use. I came back with two table runners from Pier 1 (this is in addition to the two I bought at Target last week, which I need to return), a pair of pants from J. Crew and a belt from Anthropologie.

The Mister and I joke that our Bebe has a built in Aji-dar. (Aji is the konkani word for grandmother). While she throws a suspicious look at anyone under the age of forty-five, she sees an elderly -looking woman and turns up the coos. When Momma is ignoring her to peruse the pants, she's smart enough to identify alternative means of attention and turn up the smiles and gurgles on her unsuspecting victim.

I also stopped in Williams-Sonoma on my way back to the car. Not to look for anything in particular, but I was hungry and hoping they had something warm and delicious for me to mooch. Sure enough, there was some yummy fall harvest bread. I enjoyed my second sample of fall harvest bread (the Bebe turned on the charm and distracted "Anne") and feigned interest in the mix.  But after I ate all the samples ( and from Anne's knowing expression, I wasn't as stealth as I thought), I was obligated to hear a sales pitch. This weekend I'm heading to my cousin's place in Baltimore and I never go empty-handed. She took me to the Sprinkles Cupcake Mix, apparently some well-known bakery in Beverly Hills. I bought a box of the pumpkin mix for $14.00. It's a bit steep for cupcake mix, but I don't mind spending the money on a quality product (plus I'll get all the credit for making them). The mix comes in other flavors like lemon, spice, chocolate, vanilla, lemon and red velvet. I don't see the pumpkin on the web site, so maybe it's just available in the stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment